Fraser ColegraveFounder & Managing Director
Areas of Expertise
- Plan changes & resource consents
- District plan reviews
- Retail impact assessments
- Development contributions
- Expert witness services
- Market supply/demand studies
- Economic impact assessments
- Input output tables
- BCom (1st-class honours) from the University of Auckland
- Post-Graduate Scholarship in Economics
- Senior Prize in Economics
- Annual Prize in Economics
- Economics Tutor of the Year
Fraser is a highly-accomplished consultant with 24 years commercial experience, who has successfully completed more than 500 projects across a wide range of sectors. He is a trusted advisor to dozens of long-term clients and, as one of New Zealand’s leading economic experts, has helped clients gain planning permission for hundreds of projects and developments worth more than $20 billion. Fraser is widely-recognised as New Zealand’s leading economic authority on local infrastructure funding, and also regularly appears as an expert witness on a range of economic matters before various judiciaries all the way up to the High Court of New Zealand.
NZ’s leading economic authority on resource management, property development, and local infrastructure.
Before founding Insight Economics, Fraser was previously a founding director of another economics consultancy – Covec – for 12 years. Prior to that he worked as a senior analyst at McDermott Fairgray, and has also held positions as a senior service strategist for the Ministry of Health, the NZ managing director of a medical technology company, and as a software developer for a boutique firm in Auckland.