Michael SpurrSenior Analyst
Areas of Expertise
- Development contributions
- Local Government funding
- Plan changes & resource consents
- Retail assessments
- Economic research & analysis
- Economic & financial modelling
- Software development
- BA (1st-class honours), University of Canterbury
- PhD, University of Canterbury
- Graduate Certificate in Statistics, University of Waikato
Michael is a highly-talented analyst with more than 15 years’ commercial experience, who has worked in various roles across the public and private sectors. His work experience includes:
• Regular reporting and forecasting of macro and micro-economic time-series data for non-technical audiences;
• Developing cost-benefit models to assess the economic merits of major projects;
• Building integrated growth and development contributions models to allow rapid scenario testing; plus
• Extensive work in report writing, financial modelling, and business case development.
A brilliant analyst and financial modeller with more than 15 years experience, including 10 years in Local Government.
Michael is also fluent in a range of programming languages, and uses those skills to provide highly-sophisticated yet easy-to-use software solutions to help clients make better-informed decisions.